Albuquerque, New Mexico
Assistant band director
Parents and Students,
I hope everyone had a great first week of school. Here is what we have for the week ahead:
We will have our first playoff this week. These are test grades for the marching band. Please see below which day your child will be tested and when. Students who are in first period band will be tested during that class period throughout the week. Others will be tested on the days shown below. If a student has an extenuating circumstance, they can see me for another day this week to make up their test. Students who miss taking their test will receive a zero. They should also have their lunch ready to eat before or after their test.
- Colorguard and Percussion students will be assessed throughout the week on movement 1 of the marching show. This will count as their first playoff grade.
- Concert Band students must have the Foundations for Superior Performance book by tomorrow (Monday). If there is a financial issue in getting the book by this day, please send a note in with your child about the circumstance and when they may be able to have it with them.
- All State Music (also the music all students will use for the Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band audition) will be posted by tomorrow afternoon. Students should read all of the information on the bulletin board before they take this music. They should see me or Mr. Snowden if they have any questions.
- Private Lesson Teacher List: There is a list of private teachers now posted outside the band room. Although it is a busy time of year, it is not too late to begin lessons or set up lessons for the future for your child. Students will greatly improve their skills on their instrument with a private instructor. This is a great way to get ahead on the all state and solo and ensemble music.
- Woodwind and Brass sectionals from 2:35 pm to 3:20 pm. Sectional locations and assignments will be posted outside the band room on Monday morning. (Students who are in sports must notify section leaders and remind me if they have a practice after school. Material covered in sectionals must be made up from those who are absent.)
- Flutes and clarinets testing at lunch. Students may test 4 at a time. (Fight song by memory)
- Marching practice after school from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Please make sure students have water bottle, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, appropriate clothing for marching in the heat, and tennis shoes. Students have time to change before rehearsal starts. We had some students forget these items last week and it was quite hot. Be prepared so we can be productive with rehearsals.
- Trumpets and mellos testing at lunch. Students may test 4 at a time. (Fight song by memory)
- Zero Hour will be inside for music rehearsal. Seniors may attend the senior sunrise celebration if they wish BUT must check in with the directors. They will be counted absent if they do not do this first.
- Saxophones testing at lunch. Students may test two at a time. (Fight song by memory)
- Drumline, pit, and color guard practice. 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Trombones testing at lunch. (Fight song by memory)
- NOT GOING TO THE FOOTBALL GAME AT COMMUNITY STADIUM.
- Baritones and tubas testing at lunch. Students may test 3 at a time.
- March a thon / Flea Market (north parking lot of EHS)
- Students are to meet in the student parking lot by 8:15 am. They must wear their white pep band shirts (tucked in), shorts (no ripped or torn shorts), and TENNIS SHOES. We will play through the tunes we are performing on our march a thon route before we step off. The band steps off at 9:00 am. Students will be done around 11:15 am and should be picked up at that time from the band room.
If you or anyone you know has items they wish to donate for our flea market, they may drop off items at 7:00 am in the north parking lot of Eldorado. This is a great fundraiser for our band so please spread the word to everyone you know.
Students, stay organized and do your best in all of your classes. Have a great week.
from the desk of brad dubbs- eldorado band director
eldorado eagles marching band 2018-2019