Parents and Students,
Thank you to Richard Garcia for opening his home to the wonderful booster party on Saturday. It was nice seeing some of you there and we appreciate Mr. Garcia's hospitality.
It is concert week! Please take note of this week's schedule:
Monday: Regular zero hour for Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band
Tuesday: Regular zero hour for Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band
WINTER BAND CONCERT AT 6:30 PM IN THE PAC, featuring Winter Guard, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble.
5:30 pm - Winter Guard warms up in PAC
6:00 pm - Report time for all band students (Concert Band will meet in orchestra room to warm up)
6:15 pm - Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band members report to PAC.
6:30 pm - Concert Begins with Winter Guard
6:45 pm - Concert Band performs / Symphonic Band warms up in orchestra room.
7:10 pm - Symphonic Band performs / Wind Ensemble warms up in orchestra room.
7:40 pm - Wind Ensemble performs
8:00 pm - Reception after the concert for all students, family, and friends. (student must put away all chairs, stands, and equipment first)
- We are asking all students to bring a dozen cookies to share with families at the reception after the concert in the lobby area. Students may drop these off to me earlier in the day if it is easier then bringing them that night. We will also have punch to share with everyone. Thank you in advance to our band boosters for your help with this reception.
- If a student is not warming up for their performance, they are to be seated in the PAC watching other groups. Students will not be allowed to sit outside the theater or in the band room area.
- All students are to help put chairs, stands, and equipment away after the concert. They will then be required to check out with our student band president officers, Zach Wenner and Jennifer Manteufel.
- Students must remain in full uniform until the concert is completed. Please make sure you keep track of your bow tie.
Wednesday - NO ZERO HOUR
Thursday - Zero hour final exam for Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band students. Students MUST have their concert music, completely erased, ready to turn in.
Friday - NO ZERO HOUR
Saturday- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm - We are asking all students, and as many family members as possible, to help assemble luminarias. This will take place by the portable buildings near the PAC. Thank you in advance for your help and making this a successful fundraiser!
* THERE WILL BE NO ZERO HOUR DURING FINALS WEEK (Dec. 17- 20)
LOOKING AHEAD - JAZZ ALL-STATE students will receive a letter this week regarding their trip on Jan. 25 to Portales. Information about the schedule and cost of the trip will be in this letter.
All students selected for concert and jazz all-state should have picked up your music by now. If you have not, please do so this week.
Have a great week. See you at the concert!
Albuquerque, New Mexico